blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutbetterthanyou, Feb 12, 2007.

1. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

What is your opinion on the j thomas blades compare to original manufactured blades. The wings are different and the sharpened part doesn't go all the way to the bolt like the original. Do you think it is a big deal, or worth the savings in money?

2. cutbetterthanyou

Also your opinion on there filters I had to buy one from the store a few months back and a kolar oil filter was $19.00 j thomas is like 5-6 for the same one. Do you think it is any different or just marked up alot because of the name on it?

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

You paid $19 bucks for a oil filter,you dealer needz his @ss kicked for ripping you.

4. cutbetterthanyou

Thats what i was thinking i just ran out of j thomas filters. I have alway bought j thomas but i was kindof wondering if they were doing the job like they were supose to

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Yeah, kind of. I mean, we get $9.45 for the two most common Kohler oil filters, but then, we are probably not marking up enough to cover our freight and other costs associated with trying to keep parts in stock.

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

try mowpart.com. He is a sponser here and has great deals on blades and filters. I haven't found a difference in the cut, just a big price difference. a good sharp blade is wonders.

7. cutbetterthanyou

does the sharpen part of there blade go to the center or are they only sharpen like 3-4 inchs

8. sildoc

they go about 5-6 inches. I guess that pends the length of blade. the thing is at 18500 fps of blade tip speed you are only cutting with the tip any ways. Now if you are mulching a longer sharpened area would benifit you more. Now they also carry oregon gator blades that have multiple cutting areas.

9. cutbetterthanyou

i'll have to give then i try thanks

10. sildoc

No problem mowpart.com have great service and quick. Cheap shipping costs also.