Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BigLag, Mar 12, 2008.

1. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

where do you guys get your blades from? and anyone using highlift here in the south? i've been using gator year round and fixin' to make the switch. I can't remember the name of the site i was on the other day, but they had blades for about $7 a piece. do the cheap blades last?
  2. CreativeEdge

CreativeEdge LawnSite Member

check on ebay for blades, they usually have great deals on blades. I know that factory replacements are equal to about 3-6 sets of off brand blades...i havent really noticed a big difference in blade quality btwn the 2. I have had great luck w/ my gator mulching blades also
  3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i got my last ones from landscaper pro, they are the factory size and weight that exmark uses, not the thin skinny cheap ones tha many sell. got a set for my 72" for like 32$ compared to the 57$ at the dealer:usflag:
  4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Bought 3 extra sets of OEM Hi-lifts from my dealer. I don't think I could beat the quality coming from them.

You may be surprised at the prices your local dealerships can give you. I know some around here are selling after-market blades for 7 to 8 bucks a piece.
  5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i was buying the cheaper blades from my dealer for about 9$ each but they weren't as wide or as thick and wore out in 1/2 the time. the ones i got fron landscaper pro was an identical match to OEM size and thickness for about $10.50 each.:usflag:
  6. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

7. chsmith700

chsmith700 Inactive

Hey BigLag,

We sell blades at a very good price, we will match anyone on the net! You didnt specify what type of unit you have so I will link you to our current blades category: Lawn Mower Blades

We offer OEM, Aftermarket, Gator, Fusion.

We would love to have your business!
  8. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

chsmith...scag tt 52" advantage and gravely 252z...i want high lift on both and whatever the best quality oem or fusion, not gator. and also if you have that jungle jack. if you can price that out for me, i'll probably be ordering in the next week. thanks man.
  9. chsmith700

chsmith700 Inactive

Do you know the length on your 252z blade?

Scag TT 52” Advantage Fusion Blade: $10.90
    Scag TT 52” Advantage Hi-Lift Blade: $9.75
    Jungle Jack : $129.00 (currently on special!)
  10. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

no, sure dont...i'm pretty sure it uses the same size as the scag, but not 100%. what do you recomend out of the fusion and the oem?