Blades

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kamiakaze2008, Apr 4, 2008.

1. kamiakaze2008

kamiakaze2008 LawnSite Member

This might be a dumb QUESTION ,but when replacing the blades back on the deck, does anyone have a answer to how you should line them up, should they all be in a row or opposite one another Thanks

2. gunpowder

gunpowder LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

It doesn't matter IMO. At times they will change location in relation to each other since they are belt driven. (especially if you hit something) :)

3. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it does matter. I always install them opposite to one another.

4. TKLAWN

TKLAWN LawnSite Member

I always align them the same it seems to cut much better this way.

5. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

It doesn't matter one bit.

6. mouse

mouse LawnSite Member

It does not matter they will not touch each other on your mower. Their are some timed blades out there like on the walker counter rotating bagger decks and the navigator deck. but any belt drive deck will be ok in any position.

7. Eclipse

As far as quality of cut IMO it does matter. I can tell when my blades are "mis-timed" but I guess I am just that anal about the quality of my cut. Most probably would not notice.

8. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Can you explain how it matters?

9. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I too would like to see an explanation since as soon as you turn them on they will begin to get out of sync with one another. Unless you have a notched belt and pulleys for timing you are not able to keep them in any one position!

10. Eclipse

I do not have an explaination. I do not know why it makes a difference I only know that it does. Generally only in thick turf where I am cutting off a substantial amount growth.