Blades

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by KerryB, Oct 22, 2003.

1. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

I have only posted a couple of times in this forum. Each time has been with a problem.
    I would like to take this time to thank Terry for quick helpfull responses each and every time including the current condition he is helping me with.
    I would also like to say my hats off to the Exmarks team. I tried a Bahai blade the other day and I must say I have never had a blade cut this grass or dandilions or any other tall weed or grass better.
    The design and results of using this blade are awesome. Way to go guys.

2. gunpowder

gunpowder LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Bahai Blade? Please elaborate.

I was happy when they switched to a high lift balde with out the notch....kept bending the notched blades. In sandy soil they wore down too quick .

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Gunpowder,

The Exmark Bahia blade is identical to the current Solid Airfoil Excalibur blade.

Thanks

Terry

4. gunpowder

gunpowder LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Same as the 1031580 Excalibers? Just changed name?

5. eXmark

Gunpowder,

You are correct again.

Thanks

Terry

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe a fluke, but I have found notched air foil Excaliburs to cut my bahia properties better than the solids. I was leaving a few seed heads with the solids, the notched Excaliburs seem to take care of them. Of course we had a good deal of rain this year and nothing really dried out for months at a time either.

7. eXmark

Keith,

It's probably not a fluke but has more to do with the grass condiiton in your region. It's not uncommon to find differnces for region to region, state to state or even yard to yard sometimes. If it's working of you keep doing it.

Thanks

Terry