Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cowhopper6811, May 18, 2004.

1. cowhopper6811

cowhopper6811 LawnSite Member

I dont know whats going on with my lawn mower, but i have a 32" toro walkbehind and for some reason, lately its not been cutting in the middle. So i've been going over some spots twice, MOST spots twice, so i get the whole yard cut andl looking nice.

i am assuming its from the blades, so my first questoin is.

Is there a blade shaperer out there. like, something thats just made to sharpening blades.. or are there just grinders?

and my second questoin is..

Am i right? the lawns arent getting cut in the middle becuase of the blades not being sharp?

sorry if you really can't read this, i'm really bad at my grammer skills and i'm in a rush that makes it worse

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

check the belt tension, check to make sure they are the right blades, and check to see whether they are sharp or not

3. davis

davis LawnSite Member

is this a single blade 32 :blob2:

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

1. Check to see if the blades are straight and the right length.

2. Are the cornors of the cutting edges rounding off badly, if so may be the problem.

3. Check the pitch of the deck back should be 1/8-1/4" higher than the front.

4. If the front of the deck is higher, it will cause uncut strips of grass in the center.

5. dull blades

6. overly tall grass

Actually could be alot of things, maybe this helps.:)

5. cowhopper6811

cowhopper6811 LawnSite Member

no, this is a dubble blade 32" mowing deck...... (that sounds funny to me, does that sound funny, weird? lol)

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

What a waste of taxpayers' money to take up time in court with that crap.

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I had the same roblem with gators I got from J thomas on a Proline 36"....got some Toro high lifts and that solved the problem.

Derek