Blancing mower blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bridges, Nov 18, 2001.

1. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

What do guys use to balnce your mower blades?

I use to use those little $2.00 plastic balancers. Every time i used that, all the baldes came out balanced.

Now i tried the magna-matic balancer. Man this thing is real nice. Looks better in person than on the website.

So i checked my blades and they were way out of balance. I can't see how you can balance blades with the $2.00 plastic balancer.

What are you guys using?
  2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

looks like a great investment........

but if you can't afford it, the plastic balancer has to be better than nothing, right?

Have you tried using the MM and then putting it on the plastic one and vice versa?
  3. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

i used both the plastic showed balance when the other show it was out of balance.
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

What I like about the Magna Matic is it will also check blades for being bent.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Right now, I'm just using one of those stell cone shaped things. I would love to have the Magnamatic, but I just can't justify it right now. Oh well, maybe if I'm good,.....Santa Claus, are you listening?:rolleyes:
  6. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

they have one on auction at ebay for cheap!!
    $99 + $25 s/h save over $50

Magna-matic auction

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Im with Mike! I also use a 2 dollar metal conical one! Does me fine!
  8. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I also have a metal cone by briggs but a good stright nail in the shop wall will work just as good.
  9. Mine is a pair of small bearings. Price $ 0.00, got them off a scrapped out optical lense of some type, they work until I can get the Magna Matic.