Blanket Advertising a Neighborhood

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by A Finer Cut, Apr 14, 2005.

1. A Finer Cut

A Finer Cut LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any advice on blanket advertising? I have been doing mailbox drops with a little flier and have had little success. I have had luck with the yellow book but I get calls that are too spaced out.

What I am considering is using 8 1/2" x 11" envlopes that include;\

A cover letter, My card, two copies of a proposed contract and a return envlope. (One copy is for their records)

If I hit larger neighborhoods in the 1/4 acre size is it economical to quote everyone the same price for service?

I would think that you will be a little high on some and a little low on others but with the price of gas I just can't afford to drive out to 20 or 30 lawns to quote a price.

I have heard that I should see a 1-2% return. Can anyone confirm or dispute this? Any other advice is appreciated.
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

First of all I hope your not actually putting envelopes in mailboxs, because it is illegal. Also, I think enclosing a contract is to pushy, people are unlikely to sign a contract from a company/person they have never seen or met. I'd suggest door hangers that have a place to write an estimate on them.
  3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I recommend the same. Use the search and type in flyer doorhanger to get some good ideas.
  4. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, you should see at least 1% response rate.