Blanket apps with synergy?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenHor7, Mar 28, 2007.

1. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

Would you use the synergy for blanket applications of weed control. I am just starting out and i want to keep my cost down.
  2. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on how big and if it needed it or not, but For a small lawn sure.
  3. touchofpride

touchofpride LawnSite Member
    from NE

yes you could, as long as you watch the drift factor and make sure it's enough pressure, not sure on the synergy but looks good. not a bad idea to keep cost down and build up clients before you buy a big sprayer.
    good luck.
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I will revive this thread....still taking opinions on using a backpack for squirts, but another option brought up by a kind soul on here was to look into a Synergy unit to fit in my spreader. Anyone use the Synergy for blanket apps currently? What were your results, acceptable? What are the downsides? What is the spread width, and would drift be a big problem with this machine (I wouldn't want anything that kicks out too fine of a mist).

For around $350, I would sooner look into a Synergy than a skid right now, if it would be advantageous over a backpack.
  5. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Smaller than 3K I would.

6. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Yes you can do blanket apps. with the synergy, I have done them on lawns that had heavy weed infestation. Once a lawn becomes established and with proper pre-m applications weeds become less of a issue. This is when the synergy works well because you can spread fert. and when you come across weeds you can spot spray them as needed. As far as drift goes is when I get close to the beds I try to stay maybe a foot or two away, test the spray pattern it sprays about a 6 to 8 ft swath.
  7. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure why everyone saying for small lawns only? I have sprayed lawns up to an acre with mine.

Is it a pain to refill every 12,000 sq. ft? Yes, it certainly is.

Is it heavy, and does it wear you down after a little bit? Yes, it does.

The thing is, if you are just starting out, and only have a few large lawns to do, its a great little machine. Its a push version of a PG really.

If you get more than a few large lawns though, you will want to get a ride on unit.
  8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Do you have a Synergy or are you looking at buying one?

If you need one PM me.

I bought one and never took it out of the box if you are interested.

Will cut you a very good deal on it if you need one.
  9. CharlotteOutdoorImpact

CharlotteOutdoorImpact LawnSite Senior Member

I know its been a few months.. but do you still have that synergy for sale?

I will pm my info..