1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blazing Saddles breaking during installation?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by kobisk, Apr 11, 2004.

1. kobisk

kobisk LawnSite Member

Hey all,
    I have a question for you. We have decided to give the Blazing Saddles a try by recommendation of our supplier and all the positive reviews I have seen here.
    I installed approx. 15 so far no issues, but one of my employees has installed the same amount, and has four break while screwing in the piercing fitting. Tha part that breaks is the latch on the clamping mechanism on the underside of part that clamps to the pipe. This employee is kind of the "bull in the china closet" type or "if it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer". So may just be his methods. I was just curious if any of you had any similar issues. Otherwise the fittings are great and save lots of install time, I would estimate that it has cut install time nearly in half.

2. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

HAHA... those two quotes sound like the sprinkler man's creed
  3. MikeK

MikeK LawnSite Member

We have put in Thousands and have rarely had one break, My gues is it's something the employee is doing. Practice together with him on a piece of scrap pipe