Bleach mix for mildew on house trim

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by grassmasterswilson, Mar 6, 2013.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I'm a lawn guy looking for help on my personal home.

I have some mildew and grime building on the trim of my brick home. What's the best none pressure wash way to go?

Was thinking a 4:1 water to household bleach spray would work. Spray it, let it sit, and hose it off.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i was always taught to stay away from bleach, being it affects any termite treat put around the perimeter of a home.

3. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Not to disagree but if that were the case termite guys would put a stipulation in their contracts that would void warranty if bleach was used on the home. No such clause is in my contract with Terminex.

4. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I use diluted outdoor bleach and house wash all the time on my home. The heavy areas will need a little scrubbing to remove all of it.

5. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Roof Cleaning Virginia LawnSite Member

I concur with Russell. Allow the mix to dwell on the trim for 10-15 minutes or so and it should clean up fine. (Don't allow it to dry during this dwell time)

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I would recommend the liquid from the pool store. The concentration is higher and usually contains a little algaecide that will give some after effect too. Always wet the area first and work your way UP not down.
    Posted via Mobile Device