1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blind or def customers.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ein999, Apr 2, 2008.

1. ein999

ein999 LawnSite Member

Has anyone had blind or deaf customers.
  2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

no, I never had a deaf or blind customer.... well, at least not 'certified or medically' deaf or blind.
    Cheap, unreasonable, dumb, picky, anal, slow pays, window watchers, lonely, verbally phone challenged, annoying, 7am early bird callers.... etc... got plenty of them'
  3. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

not currently but i when my brother inlaw worked for me a few years back we did a good bit of work for some .. both my brother inlaw parents are deaf and they sorta had their own group of seniors they hung with some social club for the deaf
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I did have a deaf customer once.

It wasn't really that big of a deal.

We just wrote everything down that we were discussing. The customer actually stopped me at a different jobsite.

It took a minute to figure out what was going on, they were trying to get my attention, and without realizing they were deaf, I was just thinking it was someone that was messing with me.

Anyways, it worked for a season, but then never got a return letter for the following season.