Blindside Herbicide from FMC

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenLandscaping13, Jun 6, 2013.

1. GreenLandscaping13

GreenLandscaping13 LawnSite Member

I have been looking at switching over to using a product called Blindside from FMC. I had been using Celsius but it is apparently out of stock by Bayer. I was wondering if anyone had any input on this product? It seems to be a really good product with long lasting results but I wanted to see if anyone had used it. I already found some cheap online but I am looking to get a case and don't want to invest that kind of money in a product if it isn't as good as advertised.

2. manfromtexas06

manfromtexas06 LawnSite Member

I've used both on centipede and both worked really good. The blindside dose is a concern since I used the max of the range (10oz/A) and two weeks out I'm worried about a couple areas.

3. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Celsius will get some grassy weeds blindside won't. Can make your own blindside with metsulfuron and your choice of sedge herbicide.

4. GreenThumb11

GreenThumb11 LawnSite Member

I used it last year early spring and actually burnt up turf. Centipede and St Aug. I may have just had a bad experience. Had two different techs treat two different lawns at medium rate and had burnt turf. FMC did somewhat make it right. I have not personally done anymore testing with it.

5. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Under the right circumstances, sulfentrazone(one part of Blindside) can be very damaging. I prefer to mix my own with no more than 4 oz Dismiss and 1/2 oz metsulfuron. Another thing to consider is time of year. Sulfentrazone is not a summer application. Centipede is very sensitive to metsulfuron. Know that applying more than the equivalent of 1/2 oz of the 60DF will damage it badly. When I want rapid contact activity on sedges and broadleaves, Quicksilver is much safer.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I found Dismiss doesn't work as good in winter(under 80) months. Therefore I use Sulfentrazone in the winter and Dismiss in summer.

7. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I think you meant to say something else. Dismiss is sulfentrazone.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

SENIOR MONMENT

I am 73 soon to be 74 years old. So the one big advanage of being old is I can blame my stupidity on my age. I will admit I don't keep up with the technial part of the Industry like I use to.

I use Certainty (Sulfosulfuron) in the winter or cooler months.

9. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Good info to know, I posted a question about using certainty in cooler temps but got no response. I actually thought the opposite would be the case.

Is age why you are kind of grouchy at times.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

No It is stupid people with stupid questions.