BLING BLING Shovel

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Classified, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

So Last year I needed to buy another spade shovel. The one I bought was all painted nice and fancy unlike the other one which was just raw metal. They are the same basic spade just different manufaturers.

So we get to a jobsite where we need the shovels and my employee grabs the new one. I was like oh no no, you get the OLD one, LOL. I was just giving him a hard time but from then on he never used the new shovel. but later that day he said thats ok, ill paint this one GOLD! LOL It was all just jokes but this year I decided to surprise my returning employee with his wish granted!!!!! LMAO

He saw it today and he almost fell over laughing.

Have any of you done similar things??

photo.jpg

2. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

thats a pimp shovel

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Yaaaaa boyyyeeeee

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I found some chrome spray paint in the shop when we were sanding down some of the hand tool handles so we painted all the push brooms chrome =]

5. Classified

LOL!!!! :laugh:

6. sslopok

sslopok LawnSite Member

you should have to wear gator skin shoes to even touch that shovel!
    sslopok

7. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL doug thats RICH..... HA! anyone else get it? lol

8. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

When i had my construction company i had a older laborer who just wanted to be in the trench all day. Always had a spade in his hand and would wear them down like nothing. He loved his shovels and i always had to buy him a specific shovel. Well one year i decided to buy him a thank you present for his hard work. At his annual review along with a raise i handed him a stainless spade i picked up online. The shovel was a work of art. I had a message engraved on it thanking him for all his hard work. I wish i had taken a pic of it. Well needless to say it never saw the dirt. hahah He loved it and hung it on a wall in his finished basement.

9. Classified

Haha that's awesome! It's always good to show appreciation to the employees that deserve it.

10. Classified

Nope it's just for him as long as he works for me! Mine is blue :)