1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blistering Feet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eddie B, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

For those of you that have to walk around for a great bit of the day, how do you keep them feet comfortable?
  2. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Two things, good boots that fit properly and dry socks. Be surprised how much better your feet will feel if you change your socks (DRY) a couple times a day.
  3. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Right on the money, Rhett
  4. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew LawnSite Member

The dry socks is a great idea. Another one is a second pair of work boots/shoes. When I was 12 I had a job at a shoe repair shop with an old Greek man, Gus. (hardest working man I ever met. Walks to work 1.5 miles every day, rain or shine, warm or cold. He was old in 1982 and I still see him walking to work to this day!)
    Keep a second pair of boots and socks in the truck and change them at lunch time. Even if they are the same brand, you will not believe the difference in feel when you put them on. They will feel great compared to the boots you had on for the first half of the day. Leather stretches and moves as it gets warm and moist from being on your feet. Overnight, it dries and returns to normal and feels good again in the morning. A fresh pair of boots is a great way to start the second half of your day, even if your not out working.

p.s. There is no cost factor involved. Your only putting half the wear on each pair so in the long run, (the life span of two pair of boots) the cost is a wash. But your feet will be much happier every day.