Blitz "profesional fule station" - botls to trailer. any one use this?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by z_clark, Feb 24, 2007.

1. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

Saw on Northern Tool a "Blitz 15-Gallon Professional Fuel Station™". It works on Gravity / DOT certified / Designed to be bolted to a trailer. Seems like a good product to reduce spilling when filling, and also cut down on fuel evaporation. Could pay for itself in a year w/ gas prices so high! Does anyone use these? Feed back please! I am curious about the speed of the flow. for $120 shiped to my door I may give one a try. Comes in 10 and 15 gallon models. the pic is a 15 gal.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Well you can buy 3, 5 gallon jugs for 30 bucks or less now is it a deal.
  3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for posting that, I saw it months ago on site and I couldn't't find it again. I am ordering one now. Don't recall anyone actually owned one but like you were asking about them.
  4. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

If my guys can fuel faster it is a heck of a deal! Not to mention a 5 gallon jug seems to walk away every year or so!!! Also, it would be less time to fill one of these than 3 jugs a the gas station. Not to mention it is more profesional looking / will keep debris out of the gas better too. Our old jugs are looking trashy.

Would love info from some one who has tried this product!
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Are we allowed to carry gas bombs on trailers now in Texas?
  6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

You ride in your truck after eatin at a Mexican resturant, don't you?

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Good post talk about a bomb.
  8. Summertime Lawn

Summertime Lawn LawnSite Member

I have used one for three years now and will never go back to cans. I built a shelf for it to sit on in my enclosed trailer. The only thing you will want to do is replace the hose. The one they include breaks down over time and leaks. Also, the nozzle broke on mine.
  9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Gravity feed. Means it will need to be MUCH higher than the fuel tank the hose is filling. I saw one around here a guy had, he had it up on 2 legs hooked to the side rail of the trailer. Looked very dangerous, I'm sure it was welded and bolted secure, but something about 15 gallons of gas in a tank 6 feet in the air is a little disturbing.

If you have a lock box on the front of your trailer, one that sits above the rails a couple feet, that's a great place to house one of these tanks.

Reguardless of how you mount it, it still has to be higher than the receiving vessel, and the higher it is, the faster it will flow, to a point. I'm sure it will be at max velocity at 3 or 4 feet of drop. But if the mower tank is 3 feet off the ground...
  10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I've always thought that of those... seems a bit scary.
    Think I'll stay with the 5 gal. Blitz's.