1. I was just wondering if anybody else has bought and are using Blizzard plows? I have bought 3 and installed 2 on new f-250's. Just wondering what your thoughts are on these plows and how you like them. Any problems? I have had small problems because the dealer I bought them from was going out of business and didn't do retro work that was suppose to be done before being sold. After the pump mounting brackets broke off had to reweld them with gussets they haven't broke and haven't had any major problems since. I also made a modification since I like left handed operation I used Meyer slick shift and mounted into door armrest and wired into stock control box, now both sides work. Door switch works left and right , up ,down, but not the wings. Works great though. Let me know what you think.

[Edited by Wilburn Parks on 02-11-2001 at 10:28 PM]

2. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

If you do a search you'll find a bunch of info on the Blizzard's I was going to purchase one but I have not heard very flatering things from people have used them; I would be intereted in hearing more about your experiences since most people making statements about them on this board don't own them.

Are they worth the extra $$?
    If you had to do it over again would you buy them again?
    Was your biggest problem the fact that your dealer support is lacking?

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I like the extendable wings too,but im waitng for more feedback from users on them.For some of my lots a 10 ft blade would be much better than a V plow.

4. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

I agree; I feel that the 10 foot ability and the wings to move at 10 feet would be better for my lots than the V but as of right now I haven't gotten great feedback on the Blizzard and good feedback on the Boss V so that's the way I am leaning right now.