Blogging to help a website move up in rankings???

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Rick13, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks headz77 for the info.... I will have to check it out.

Right now I'm changing my website around a bit. I have right now a Wix (flash site) but I am going to Wix (HTML 5 site) so I'm going to throw new pictures and a few videos up....along with a blog, link Facebook, maybe Twitter (not sure???), and YouTube videos showing my equipment in action!!! This way, customers can see what services they will be getting, giving them an idea what an aerated yard looks like (some of them are shocked after I get done and now they have a ton of cores laying on their yards).

So I hope to have it up in a week or so.

The videos might be a little light at first, but then during the winter I will be able to touch them up and get the site a little more polished.

2. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Just last night I found that Matt McGee has a series on blog SEO going on. Google his name and check it out. He is one of the best sources I have found for small biz SEO.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Joe Shooner

Joe Shooner LawnSite Member

One suggestion: if you do starta a blog, you might as well make sure that it's on your domain. Meaning something like joeslandscape.com/blog, as opposed to a hosted blog like on blogger.com and so forth. If you're going to go to the trouble of adding content regularly, add it to your own website/domain.

4. Rick13

Thanks headz77 & Joe Shooner for the help! Every bit comes in handy!

5. tapupartforpres

tapupartforpres LawnSite Member

Rick, HTML 5 is not supported in Internet Explorer for now.

6. tapupartforpres

tapupartforpres LawnSite Member

Rick,

Also just small things like making correct anchor text (keywords that people are searching in your area, use Google keyword tool) in your signature helps. Check out my sig. Small things like that can help.

7. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

This is incorrect.

8. Rick13

I was going to try Google Ad work coupon that they send out for $100.00. I figured to see what would happen? I don't think I will be locked into anything long term?

Does anyone know? Or has anyone ever used Google Ad words?

9. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns LawnSite Senior Member

You will not be locked in, however you must keep a close eye on it as when you cash in the coupon you must provide a credit card. Once the coupon is used up then they will charge the credit card. Very easy to deal with though,. Set the daily limit to $10 and on the 10th day monitor it closely and cancel close to $100 as possible, unless of course you want to continue?.

10. Rick13

Does it work good? That is Goggle Ad Words? I am already 1-3 on the 1st page for aeration in Rockford, IL. I am going to change my website to include the names of local cities near Rockford, so then I think I will be good with them also. Along with adding more pictures and videos to my website. That will increase my rankings and I think I'm going to have a little blog too.

So I guess I'm not really sure what I will gain from Google Ad Words? Has anyone be sold as this is a good way to advertise through Google?