Blow Drying the Lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, May 12, 2002.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I had the funniest thing happen to me Friday. I was mowing a new account for an elderly woman. I could see here peering out the window at me almost the whole time I was there. Well, after trimming I fired up the blower and blew off the driveway and walks as usual. I had trimmed some long stuff along the edges and there were some clumps in the lawn from heavy growth, so I started selectively blowing the lawn. Suddenly she bursts out of the house with her arms flapping. I shut down the mower and went over to her to see what the problem was (I thought it was too loud for her). Then she asks me if I was going to charge extra for blow drying the lawn like her hair dresser does for her hair, because if so she doesn't want it. It was all I could do to not burst out laughing in her face and I politely told her it was included in my price. She said, "Oh, good", and went back inside.

I couldn't help bursting out laughing every time I though of it for the rest of the day.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

You should have told her that you only charge extra if you shampoo the lawn first!!:p

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL! that's a new one. guess it's a good thing you weren't putting talc, err, i mean lime down on it afterwards!

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Great~!!! Thanks for opening up yet aNOTHER task for us to now take on. I can hear it already throughout the senior community. "But my NEIGHbor's lawn service blow dries their lawn when they're done!" :rolleyes: :D

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh:

Thats halarious!!!! Thanks for the good laugh tonight!!!! I needed it!

6. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

hahahahahahahahaah

7. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

That was too funny............LOL

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

next thing they will want is green highlights:D

9. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

man that was too funny!!...had an older lady ask me last week if I could "brush out" the tire tracks when I'm done!!.....these gals seem to be spending way too much time getting their 'blue hairs' worked on...

10. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

It just goes to show that, contrary to popular believe, hair rinse and acid perms DO seep in through the follicles and effect the brain. :D