blow out baffle for 03 lazer Z

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by mike9497, Sep 25, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

well im getting tired of looking like the jolly green giant after i use my new lazer z.even running single high lifts im getting covered in grass.do they make a baffle for this mower?? i was told no.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mike,

What model of Lazer do you have?

There are anti-blow out baffles for some models. For others you can minimize blow out by switching to a solid airfoil blade and checking to make sure the deck rake is at around 1/4". It's also a good idea to check for belt slippage and check engine rpm as well.

Thanks

Terry

3. mike9497

well the kohler engine on this one sucks first off.i would never by another exmark again with this engine.

its a 03 lazer Z 60 inch ultra cut deck

4. eXmark

Mike,

The part numbr for the anti-blow out baffle is 1-641260. You should also check the other items I listed as well. Doubles would also cause excessive amounts of blow out.

Are you mulching side discharging or bagging?

Thanks

Terry

5. mike9497

i do all 3 bagging and side discharging has the most blow out.thank god you make the baffle.i was told by 2 exmark dealers that they didn't make one for that mower

6. mike9497

i side discharge and bag.i went to my dealer today and he said they don't make the baffle for the deeper decks but he said he would order one anyways.will it work or no.im told yes by some on lawnsite.im lost here????????????????????

7. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I am having the same problem with metro hp 36" if they make blow-out kit for please let me know . BTW it is when I do run high lifts with the mulch kit I know I should use the stock mulchers but the cut with the high lifts is so much better.
    thanks

8. eXmark

mike9497,

The 1-641260 60" baffle fits 604(Ultra-Cut) and the 603(Tri-Vantage) decks.

The 1-611277 52" baffle fits 523 decks only. We will be make changes to this baffle to fit the 524 decks. When we made these baffles years ago. At that time we had no 524 deck. (The holes need to be slotted)

Trex we are in development of making baffles for other units. We have no clear time that they will be available, soon though.

For more info on blowout baffles do a search, you will come up with plenty of reading on this great and wonderful site!!

Thanks, Fred.