Blow out

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MWE, Nov 23, 2004.

1. MWE

MWE LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have an 04' lazer, 60" mower and I have alot of blow out from the front of the deck, is there anything I can put on the deck to get rid of this problem?

If so, can you please send me a part number for my lazer so I can have my dealer order one for me.

Thank you.

MWE

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

3. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

I am having the same problem except I have a Lazer Z AS. Deck pitch is between 1/8 to a 1/4 inch and rpm's are fine.

4. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

terry, how do you check the RPM's? I have heard you say that many times, but no idea what it meant.

5. eXmark

Guys,

You can purchase the baffles or you can also run the solid airfoil blade instead of the standard notched airfoil blades. If you're mulching make sure you using the standard mulching blade. You can also simply back the throttle off a 1/4" which can often reduce the blow out as well.

Terry

6. eXmark

Petrenz,

The rpm's are revolutions per minute just like in your car or truck. Just like in your car or truck a tachometer of some type is used to read how fast the engine is turning. The adjustment can vary from engine to engine and manufacturer to manufacturer so there is not a one adjustment fits all. Some use an adjustment screw, some require that you loosen, slide and re-tighten the throttle plate. Some smaller engines may even have nothing more than a tab that is adjusted by bending it in one direction or another.

Thanks

Terry