Blow outs and the big east coast storm potential problems

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mdirrigation, Oct 26, 2012.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Some poor sole needed that generator but they were sold out :confused:
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Huh? :dizzy:
  3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Getting a generator here in the Mid Atlantic area is a real problem right now. All stores sold out.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

We had a local hardware store around here that got in 200 generators yesterday , he put them back on the truck and sent them to another hardware store in Jersey . He could have sold them here but he felt they were needed north of here . We are only inconvenienced without electricity , NJ got hit bad
  5. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

Sweet. I installed a ball valve at the lowest point of the mainline to drain it out if need be. Dripline is under the mulch so should be ok once it drains.

6. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

When I first started out in the business in the early 80's. we had some brutal cold winters, weeks with sub zero temps and wind chills 20-30 below. The frost depth was pushing 24"-30". I've replaced frozen pipe sometimes 40' or more straight just shattered. We haven't had a winter like that in a while but you never know when we will.
  7. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Understandably your area is much colder and hotter then us..

doesn't mean our pipes don't freeze when the temps drop below freezing and as well that our grass doesn't brown out when its dry.

We just had an 80 day dry streak of weather until about 3 weeks ago
    ... I sure miss it.. effin rain is pissing me off so much right now