1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

BLOW YOUR MIND Lighting Photos

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by JoeyD, Mar 18, 2009.

1. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

OK, so I dont want to see no DIY quality, home store, my first fischer price camera photos.....I want some BLOW YOUR MIND lighting photos!!! I know Gambino has some, I am sure Solecki has some, and I know The Lighting Geek has some!! Tim Ryan, where you at??? I am calling you guys out! Lets see some big time lighting photos!!!! :clapping:

We dont need a bunch of critiquing, lets just have fun and post some cool lighting photos. This is all for fun!!! :drinkup:

These photos were all taken by Paul Talbot who does all of our in house designs. Some of these were taken while he was working for Mark Mullen at Artistic Illumination......www.artisticillumination.com.....of course these photos are all Unqiue Lighting low voltage fixtures and transformers!!

Here is Nates Yard (AGAIN) LOL Check out the putting green!!

Bel Air,CA Photo Curtesy of Mark Mullen Artistic Illumination

Hotel L'Auburge in Del Mar, CA Photo Curtesy of Mark Mullen Artistic Illumination

Indian Wells, CA Photo Curtesy of Mark Mullen Artistic Illumination

La Jolla, CA Photo Curtesy of Mark Mullen Artistic Illumination (I love the ocean in the Background!)

MAGLIGHTING LawnSite Member

How many of those jobs were LED
    Nice photos Joey. Thanks for sharing them.
  3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sooo jealous of you guys. You have that blue sky out there. I don't think we have a sky that clear mostly for the bigger trees. The only place close would be out on hatteras island where you can see the sky. Hope I get to see it when I am out there next week.
  4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Great photos Joey.

You do realize that in photo #5 there is a burnt out lamp in the path light located in the left side of the driving circle garden! :laugh:

I know, I know... how picky can a guy get? :)

I have a project I finished off late last season that I did not have enough time to photograph. As soon as the foliage is out here I will be back to shoot it. Then I will have something new to show you.

Winter does put a cramp in one's ability to capture the work.

Last year, I got so freaking busy, I (again) did not get out to take many photos. It is a sin I know... but to be honest, I haven't had the need to really show a portfolio in some time. Instead of relying upon a photo portfolio I have found that it works much better to entertain the prospective client and then take them on a live walk through of a neighbour. This seems to be a much better approach for me in securing those challenging jobs and it builds a very nice rapport and trust between the client and myself. I have learned that ultimately, my clients are purchasing a professional relationship as much as they are buying a system. It might not work for all in every market, but it sure does work for me... and it is a lot of fun this way too.
  5. JoeyD

Come on Gambino......You got some of the nicest photos in the industry!!

James, I slid that photo in there just to test you and you bit!! I knew it would work!! LOL

Seriously though, you have got to make time. If for no other reasont hen your own memories and portfolio for reference...Just imagine showing your grandkids........."see grandson, look how talented ol' pappy Solecki was in his hay day!!! The ladies not only loved me for my resemblence to the Hoff but I also could light like no bodys buisness!"

COme on fellas, James you have that picture of that hotel you did! I know that Tim Ryan has a few of some awesome demos he set up.......

Joey , where were these beautiful photos when I needed them last week in that thread where dg lights tried to tell me his LED's are as bright as halogens?:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    I'm waiting and waiting and waiting saying to myself when is Joey going to have my back and post some of his stuff.

Came a bit late but excellent stuff just the same.

Mike G
  7. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Are you still at work Joey? :) Awesome pics!
  8. JoeyD

I am always at work Keith!!! LOL

Yeah Mike, I dont know what I was thinking........You know I got your back!! LOL

I will lay the challenge out now then.........Who can show me a job EVEN CLOSE to these that Ihave posted above done entirely in LED??? If you can, and the members here agree that it is comparable I will send you a free transformer!!!! That goes for any manufacturer or contractor! ALL LED JOBS ONLY!!!!!

Here's one without my signature blue sky. Had to be respectful of the city lights view when lighting this project.

10. JoeyD