Blower Chute wearing out again

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Blessed 1, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a fix for my blower chute p/n 103-0426 wearing out on my 2003 Ultra Vac. I replaced it back in March and its wearing a hole in it already. I stay away from bagging sandy areas and I have approximately 50 hrs bagging since replacing it. I noticed on a old thread about changes for 03 you said that it was upgrades for the new styles. Will the new style chute (p/n 103 4169) fit my ultra vac. I have the 3 bin Ultra Vac.

2. Blessed 1

Is someone addressing this?

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Blessed1

Thank you for your patience. I did talk with engineering and they have made a change to the discharge boot that will give you slightly better life in sandy conditions or conditions where the sand has a high silica content. If you are on you 2nd boot it is also advised that you have the blower housing and fan blade inspected at this time as well.

Thanks

Terry

4. Blessed 1

Has there been a change to the part # or how will I know that I am getting a beefed up version of the blower chute. I last one that I got (in March of 04) was the same as the original. My dealer has 2 in stock, but I am afraid that they are the old style. Is there a visable change that I should be looking for?

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Blessed1,

It's really tough to distinguish between the old and the new unless both are in new condition. It's extremely unlikely that there would be any of the old styles left in anyones inventory. The part number stayed the same.

Thanks

Terry