Blower comparison? Close or not at all?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rvsuper, Jun 20, 2003.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I'm in the market for a new blower to clear off cart paths of clippins, leaf removal in the fall. It will be used about maybe an hour a day to clear cart paths, that's about it.

I'm considering a Echo PB-403. How does this blower compare to the blower that I mistakenly sold when I sold the business.....a Redmax eb7001?

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

honestly, No Contest. The only echo that comes close to a Eb7001 is the pb650/pb750

3. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

You need to step up to the PB-650!!

Tons of power and very quiet...all we use now.

If money is the issue, the PB-403 will do a nice job but does not have the power of the PB-650...any Echo backpack is a good purchase in my book! (The Redmax is a good blower as well but it does not put out the CFM of the PB-650)

4. rockcreeklawnser.

rockcreeklawnser. LawnSite Member

I just bought the echo pb 650 abput 3 weeks ago. I give it about the same kind of use that you described. I did not know what a blower was until I bought this one! Incredible power!

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i just bought a echo PB-750T a few weeks ago. It was a little pricey (for a part timer) but i really like it. and it'll make my life a h3ll of a lot easier in the fall with the leaves.

6. BSDeality

btw, a pb-750 is the exact same model as a pb-650 except it's got a huge air filter on it.

7. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Do the PB-650/750 have tube mounted throttle? I'm looking at the 403 mainly because it has tube mounted throttle, but yet I don't need a big as blower as the 650/750. Opinions?

8. BSDeality

i believe you can get them with or without tube mounted throttles. I have a tube mounted one with the throttle lock at any rpm.

9. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I also noticed it has electric start???

10. BSDeality

I don't think there is an option for electric start.

here's a good spec's chart on the Echo backpack blowers.