blower controls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vipermanz, Aug 3, 2002.

?

thottle controls

1. Tube Mounted Right hand

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. Hip Mounted left Hand

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

need help making a selection ,

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Echo PB602. I prefer the left mounted control.

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

thats what i'm looking at , either the 602 or the 603, same specs just different controls

4. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice models. Saw some at the shop today while looking for a trimmer and picking up some engine parts.:blob3:

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I used teh BR400 and thought I would never like the control on my left side. When I got the Shindiawa I really liked it and now all I have are on the left. I have RedMAx also but I don't like the stiff arm, the flexable tube is better.

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto what Kirbyslawn said. I didn't think I'd like them as much and now that's all I buy. My workers were resistent as heck when I first made the switch. But now they love them too. The one Blower we have with a throttle on the right side never gets used.

It's hard to explain but they are just more ergonomic and comfortable. It's more balanced. Hard to explain until you've used both for a while. But onews with the left handed throttle control are definitely a lot nicer.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with Jim and Ray. I was a little worried about switching to left side controls. Now, I don't like the right hand throttle on the tube anymore.

8. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Well coming from one of the few leftys in the world I love it on my side. Travis:D

9. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

one more vote for the hip mount. I like to keep both sides of the brain busy. ;)

-Dave

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm here for the upset! LOL. I like right side mounted, although I've never used the hip, I could PROBABLY get used to it...