Blower dilemma

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Navig8r, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

:confused:

I'm looking to add a second backpack blower to my equipment inventory for the Fall.

I primarily work alone, but in the Fall I do have some help.
    I currently have a RedMax EB7000 BP Blower... and a Little Wonder 8HP. I want to add another BP.
    The dilemma: I love my RedMax and think I will get another, but should I get the 7001? Or go with a smaller unit, since this is a secondary/backup machine? The 7001 is selling for $499.00 here, and I have on place that will sell it for that incl. tax. The next machine down the line is only $100 less, so I dont think it's worth it to skimp, to save $100. I bought my 7000 from Russo's in Chicago for $399.00 last August... called them today... the 7001 goes for $439.00 BUT RedMax will not let them sell out of area / or ship the units, because other dealers were complaining. This tells me that my local dealers may all be overpriced by as much as $70.00:rolleyes:
    Does anyone know what a 7001 is goin for in your market?

Should I just save a few bucks and get the smaller/quieter machine?

Thanks for readin all this, and I appreciate any help or opinions......

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

If you can afford it, get the best. Never know when your backup will become your primary blower. LOVE my 7001! Paid $479.00+tax.

3. pap4464

pap4464 LawnSite Member

Ditto, I have two 7001's and just purchased a little wonder 10 hp walk behind. That L.W flat blows some leaves. Will be a great money maker this fall!

4. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

7001 is the best choice.

Get another and don't skimp ever.

5. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Gave $480 total for my 7001 and happy I did.

6. Blk94fiveOh

Blk94fiveOh LawnSite Member
    from MN

If you have your mind set on redmax, get the 7001. But you could also consider the echo 650/750. they are very powerful as well, and power41.com has some good deals on them as well.

7. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

The 7001 goes for $439 plus tx in my area.

8. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

If only all 'problems' were like yours.:D
    Repeat your success, get another one, you don't have to call it a back up.

9. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys.... guess I just needed help spendin my money.........Gonna try and work a deal with a dealer here who also sells Little Wonder... a friend wants to buy one..... figure if we buy both at the same time, perhaps the dealer can "work with us"

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What everybody said! Hay Duke :waving:

John