Blower extension tube

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Likestomow, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I have a section of gutter at one of my properties that I cannot get close enough to blow with my backpack. I want to find an extension for my blower pipe to go out, say 8’-10’. I expect I’ll experience a reduction in air flow at that length, but anything will be better than what I can do now.

2. casey

casey Guest

Sthil & Echo have gutter extensions for their BP's. Think Sthil's is around 10' .

3. PVC pipe and tape it on.

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know what blower you have, but I just had my dealer order me another section of tube that is just like the second piece from the end one on my EB6200 Redmax. It just interlocks with the other pieces and is about 10 inches longer. I keep it in there all summer long. I am tall and it makes it easier to blow things around. To be honest, their is not alot of difference to be noticed by adding the piece. It sorta equals itself out, the fact that with the piece on gets the end closer to the ground with a little less force, or with the piece off with more pressure but further away from the object.

5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

to Home Depot or Lowes (or support your local hardware store) and get an adapter and some PVC to fit it.

Drill a few holes and bolt it up with some wing nuts so its easily taken on and off. You can also use some duct tape, but it gets messy sometimes.

6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

get enough pvc and it can get heavy to use with one arm

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I still don't know what brand blower you have but the extension I bought for my Redmax was $7.79. See if your dealer can get one for your brand of blower. That would be the most simple, and least abortion like method of extending it. They twist right on and off, have interlocking pins.