blower for cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SimonCX, Oct 16, 2007.

1. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the redmax 8001. I am thinking of buy some just for fall and spring cleanups. I have stihl 600 blowers and billy goat wheel blowers but I'm hearing that the 8001 is suppose to be a monster. Is it that much better then the stihls, I don't care about weight it is only going to be used for cleanups.

2. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

get a push blower if it's only for cleanups

i have a 10 hp little wonder and i love it. it moves leafs 5 times farther than my br 600

3. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Before I did that, Id check out russopower.com for the Stihls. CHEAP

4. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I already have 2 wheeled blowers, I was just interested if the redmax is more powerful and worth buying over the stihl for cleanups. I have a couple of 600's and they have been great but i heard the 8001's have more power for leaves.

5. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Don't believe everything you read here. Top blowers are the Stihl 600 redmax EBX8001 and Shindawai EB8510. None of them will replace a wheeled blower. If your upgrading from a hand blower or an older model BP blower than yes there's a noticeable difference.

Just stick with your BP and wheeled blower as a team with 2 people.

6. Southwest Lawns

Southwest Lawns LawnSite Member

I have an 8000 and 8001 they are great... Can't comment on the Stihls though

7. ETM

ETM LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

We have both a wheel blower(awsome) and a redmax 8001. The red max is a great blower but the wheel blower is alot more powerful. But the pushing of the machine will wear you out. But I don't think you will be disappointed with the redmax had mine for over 3 seasons now in Atl where we don't stop cutting. Good luck

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We have 2 a 8000 and 8001. they both are great blowers and you can't go wrong. Last year we bought a br600 because everyone bragged them up so much. Used it for about 3 days and sold it back to the dealer. That should answer your question.

9. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

if you already have 2 br600's. then its not smart money wise to get a 8001 to use IN PLACE of the 600. its not that much more powerful thats for sure. it is a stronger blower but its not worth the money unless you REALLY NEED another blower. i have 8000's and the next blower i get will be a 600 because its so light. if you get an 8000 then when you stick it in leaves youll feel kinda dumb for spending all that money for not all that much huge of a difference.besides, you have wheel blowers. you got all you need. i would strongly suggest in getting a leaf plow. nothing will move a huge pile of leaves like that will.:)

10. J&T Kiev

J&T Kiev LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.W In.

I use Echo 650's 755's and and one each 8000 & 8001 Redmax.

The Redmax does produce noticeably more powerful than my Echo's--however, the Redmax is heavier, consumes more fuel. The Redmax's do exceptionally good if the task is heavy duty , heavily landscaped (many beds and bushes to blow out etc) clean-up work-IMHO the best back pack for heavy duty clean-up's. The Echo's are my general purpose every day, light to medium duty leaf clean-ups.

Here a picture of one of my Echo's along side a Redmax 8001..you can immediately spot the Redmax's, "size & weight" difference.

redmax man 015.jpg