1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blower getting too much gas

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by PTP, Apr 25, 2005.

1. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have an Echo PB-602 blower.

A couple of days ago, an employee put regular instead of mixed gas in it. Of course, the piston siezed. It did not sieze bad and I got it turning over really good now. The problem is that it is getting an excessive amount of fuel now. When I pull the rope with the plug out, I can see fuel splashing around in the cylinder. I took the carb off and cleaned it all out - I didn't see anything that would cause it to malfunction.

Any ideas?

I know that it is getting spark - I saw it.
  2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

The piston rings will probly need to be replaced and the cylinder bored out.
  3. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

The rings are okay. I had the thing apart and looked at them. There was just a small part of the piston that started to melt. They cylinder was not scratched.

I fixed the problem though. I took the carb off again and gave it a pull and it started - with the carb off. Somehow there was excessive fuel in there - maybe combined with the penetrating oil that I used. After it stopped running, I put the carb back on and no problems.