Blower Mate Jungle Jim and Echo 650

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Does anyone have experience with the Jungle Jim Blower Mate with an Echo 650 blower? Will it fit this blower, and is it easy to get on and off? How does it compare to the Trimmer Trap blower rack? How far does this rack extend into your trailer when mounted on the side?

Thanks
    Jay

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Jay...

I have the 650 also. I bought the Trimmer Trap backpack holder and needed to purchase an adapter (specifically for the 650 & 750) to make it work. I didn't even mount the thing because the adapter sucks. I'm going to sell the Echo and buy another blower that doesn't need the adapter.

I don't know if Jungle Jim's is the same way..

3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Lawn-scapes,
    What do you want for the blower? How old is it? PM if your serious about selling it.

Buck

4. Shady Brook

from Indiana

Tom

Hey, I have a Trimmer Trap blower holder, and what I did was bend the metal rod down enough so that the blower would sit flush against the square tube. It still requires lifting the blower up over the rod to remove it. The beauty is: you don't have to fool with that locking clasp, it takes to much time to push it down, and lift the blower. I love the blower, maybe you will consider bending the rod for a cheap fix. The blower is not going anywhere, and a bungie can give lots of peace of mind.

Thanks
    Jay

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Jay,

Then why are you inquiring about the Jungle Jim rack?

I was thinking about having the rack modified... by cutting the main square tubing.. near the top at an agle. Recut the top piece so it's square again and weld it back on to the post. This should angle it forward enough to work... no?

6. Shady Brook

from Indiana

Tom

Logical question my friend. The reason why I am asking is because I purchased a new trailer. It has a different design, requireing a different method to install. The Jungle rack mounts with a piece of angle on the top of a tube rail whereas the Trimmer trap mounts on the side of a rail or cage. I mounted a Trimmer trap inside my trailer holding an Echo 650 as I described above....and the tube sheared in half! It fell into the trailer thankfully. My other trimmer trap blowers are welded to a large piece of tube, which is welded to the trailer.

I think I know what you are saying with the modification. For my mind bending the rod is easier, and takes that pain in the behind clasp out of the equation. It is also around 85 here, and I don't relish sweating with the welder any longer then I have too.

If I had more time I would just weld a piece of tube to some angle, and bend a rod and weld it to the tube and mount it to the trailer. Probably would cost less then 10 dollars, but the time it would take to weld it up and make it look decent, I could have made a couple hundred bucks. Time has value.

Good Luck
    Jay

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Here's a pic of mine mounted on the front left corner of my trailer. I tried to post earlier and lost my dialup so sorry in advance if it double posts.

lawn equip to post 007.jpg

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Um... I think the blower should have had a different handle made to it. I think it's kinda a pain, but its not like I wouldnt use the blower anymore. I just leave my blower on the trailer floor all day and one the way home I put i on the rack.

10. Shady Brook

from Indiana

Tharrell

Great pictures, thanks! That really helps to see how they mount up. I did not realize you could hang it without the big loop handle. I will have to go out and check on that in a few.

jwingfield2k

I can understand why you would keep them on the deck except for long transport. That looks like it would really slow you down. Time is money, and I remember reading a post by Lawngodfather a while back where he said, if you can't get it off the rack in less then 2 seconds, it is no good. That looks like way more then 2 seconds.

Thanks fellas
    Jay