1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blower mounted to my Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by komrom, Jun 29, 2007.

1. komrom

komrom LawnSite Member

The other day after watching one of my guys walk with the blower for most of the day behind the rest of the cutting crew, I asked myself if there was a way which I could cut down on a one manned blower to cleanup. I'm thinking about some way I could mount a backpack blower to my mower, where I could hold the wand in one of my hands while I drive down the sidewalks and driveways. Then I thought it would be even better if I static mounted the wand to the front or side of the Z so all I had to do was drive.

So my question is, have any of you ever tried to mount a blower to your Z and if so could you post some pictures? Also do you think this would be worthwhile/would it save me any time in the end? I think if I do this I would like to mount the blower so it can be easily removed for the hard to get places. If this works out it would be nice to see some of the manufacturers make something like this from the factory, instead of me having to scab together something. Maybe it could even be a blower run off the hydraulics on the machine??

Anyones opinions are much appreciated before i partake in this endeavor.
  2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Walker mower - Buffalo Turbine blower = best combination, 9500CFM. It will knock you off your feet.
  3. JHLC

JHLC LawnSite Member

I took a push type blower and welded the front caster wheels off of an old walker deck to the front and built a mount to attach it to the front of my Super Z. This works great for blowing off streets and large parking lots. I use it at several large commercial properties that I maintain. I will take a few pics in the morning and post them to show you how I did it.
  4. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

go to www.jrcoinc.com. they have a nice attachment to your mower to mount a push blower. I have been thinking of getting one
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Every mower comes equipped with a blower.... the deck... unless you have a mulch kit.
  6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Not very good for the blades..........
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

True... 'IF' you are running over what you're supposed to be blowing...

Myself... if I use the mower, I drop the deck down low and keep what I'm blowing to the right of me.

Works good for blowing clippings off the long driveways I have.
  8. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Brad Lane, owner of Fabworks OEM made a prototype for me that housed 2 Redmax 8000's on the front of my super Z...but never got it quite right. Since I dropped those parks with huge parking lots and walking tracks...I lost interest in the project. Call him at 423-462-5815 and he'll be happy to oblige you. He also makes custom blower and anti roll trimmer racks that have worked very well for me over the years.
  9. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

10. JoshC

JoshC LawnSite Member

There is a big LCO around here that has a couple of Exmarks with the decks removed, strobe lights on the ROPS, and pushblowers mounted to the front. I haven't had a chance to see them up close but I have seen them blowing off streets in a big subdivision. Definately a cool setup.