blower not one of those horible ones

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2brothersyardcare, Sep 10, 2009.

1. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

Well i have a br420 bp and im going on Saturday and buying a BR600 or the biggest shindy blower for got the model number. What im trying to find out is if the shindys 550 price tag is worth it or if i should get the BR600. i have stihl now and ive herd good things bot the shindy.But i would like to know if anyone has any comments on the shindys performance? and if they think it would be better than a BR600.

Bo Baker

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Skip the 600 it isn't no BR420.

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Both of Shindy's top of the line blowers, the 2 mix and the 4 mix are more powerful than the BR600.

[​IMG]

4. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

4 of our 600's are in their 3rd leaf season. Never any problems, tons of power. I run SeaFoam through them once in a while, other than that its regular Stihl oil and 87 gas.

5. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

It's also 5 pounds heavier, that makes a big difference after an 8 hour day.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, you are correct in that.

7. 2brothersyardcare

Ok so every one that I've talked to is saying stihl and you guys. I'm leaning stihl guess ill have 2 demo them both.

8. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I really like my br600 but it's gas tank is too long and shallow. It sloshes and then the motor bogs down. I can live with it though, great machine but I did try to buy a shin but they couldn't get it to me in time so I went with sthil but, if I remember the shidawa would have cost an extra $200 canadian. If that was true, that's too much for a small performance gain.

Edit: Hey, does anyone get a sore side/back when they do clean ups with the br600? I never had a blower so powerful that it wants to twist me around:laugh: But man it can move a lot of debris during clean ups. Even during just mowing I can blow grass off a drive way from 15 feet away.

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

You might as well buy a Stihl because you've had good luck with them in the past. No point in changing.

10. 2brothersyardcare

Ya my stihls have been decent for me i think ill get another 1