1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

blower question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Masters, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

It seems to me, awhile back, like 4 years ago, I saw on ebay, a GIANT azz blower that was built to be powered by a ZTR, which is what it mounted to as well. I seem to recall something to the effect of an EXTREMELY high 20K CFM from it, or something like that. does anyone know if such a unit exists, or was it a home made deal I saw online? sorry, I dont have pics.
  2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

3. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I remeber seeing one at the Expo in KY but i cant remember the name of it. What ever company mad it mad a self propelled walkbehind blower that you could put a sulky type attachment behind.....idk if that helps any
  4. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

grasshopper has one also, a big turbine unit that attaches where the front mount deck goes. Looks like an animal, but don't know the numbers on it.
  5. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I have one for my Steiner. It really moves a lot of wind but also takes up space on my trailer so we don't use it a lot. If we have properties that can be blown into the bush we use it then. There is a picture on the Steiner website.
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Did it take the place of a deck on a ZTR?
  8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Mine fit on the front. The deck had to be removed to use it. That's the way most of them mount. That's the trouble with attachments it takes time and space to have them all. It only takes a few seconds on the Steiner but it invovles some lifting.
  9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I got one of these baby's. It will flat out move a mess of leaves in a hurry. No more fighting the old push blower up and down the hills.

10. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

The buffalo turbine thing is almost EXACTLY what I saw, but on the front of the mower instead of behind.

If you asked me, its perfect for cleaning up parking lots, about a million times more power than the 8000 has even, or the Stihl BR600.