Blower questions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by The Green Guys, Feb 23, 2007.

1. The Green Guys

The Green Guys LawnSite Member

Really fast question, would you rather go with a lightly used Craftsman 30cc backpack blower for $130 or a new Homelite back pack blower for $155. Thanks

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

id say, if your going to use this commercially. I would have to choose option 3) Stihl BR600

3. The Green Guys

So you think i should just save another 200 $ and go with a stihl

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i wouldnt say just look at Stihl, but that craftsman is not going to hold up. if you just spend the extra $$$ you will get a blower that will last your 2 + times longer than that craftsman. its a great deal, its 30CC, its powerful whatever you want to say about it. its just not going to last long if your using it for clean-ups and using it everyday. so IMO id just hold off and get yourself a commercial blower. search through lawnsite. there has been tons and tons of threads on backpack blowers.

5. The Green Guys

6. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I made the mistake of starting out with a homelite blower, I had to move up to a commercial backpack real quick. I got a Redmax eb4001 for about $320 new.

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

neither one will probably last the season
    and you will have spent 300 and still need a blower

....(commercial equipment) :)

8. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

only buy commercial in this business. your asking for trouble if you buy residential. go with the echo, stihl or redmax.

9. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Don't even think about the Stihl BR500 or the BR550, there is hardly any difference from the 500 to the 550, but there is a big difference between the 550 and the 600. I "test drove" the 550 and 600. This blower has so much power, when I hold onto the handle the power of the blower and the wind twist my 90" hose sideways. It works good.

10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i like the br550, lightweight, great for grass cleanup.... not my choice for leaves though.....