1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

blower rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hagen, Sep 28, 2002.

1. hagen

hagen LawnSite Member
    from texas

i have a rack on my trailer for my weed eater but not for a blower do they make one for back pack blowers
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Go to trimmertrap.com Around here they are $89, but I am going to make my own.

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Trimmer Trap makes a nice one, but I think that Jungle Jim's is a little better. The Trimmer Trap rack doesn't hold the blower tube, whereas the Jungle Jim's rack does. The Blower Mate from Jungle Jim's is also cheaper, it's $50. Check it out. I bought one, but haven't put it on yet. Need to make sure they're gonna send me the bracket needed to put Stihl blowers on their racks, still waiting for it. Here's their site www.junglejimsap.com
  4. Again the youngster is incorrect due to lack of knowledge.

Trimmertrap does have a place for the blower tube. With the bungy cord you strap you blower and tube in the rack.

I have 3, but took them off since they are such a pain to get the blower of and on, just as all the rest of the racks on the market.

If it can't be done in a matter of 2 seconds it is to long and it wont get used.

I also have one of the ones you buy at Lesco too.

BTW northertool.com the trimmertrap for $49.99 and the Stihl TT for $39.99.
  5. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Lesco carries one if you want to get a close look at one. It's probably more than some others, but maybe looking at one, you could make your own. Good luck.
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

LGF-I'M SORRY I CAN'T SEE THE BUNGY CORD IN THE PICTURE! The Jungle Jim has a dedicated piece of metal for the tube to sit in.
  7. OH.............. Your opinion is based off of pictures on the internet, so I take it that would actually mean it is utterly worthless due to LS guidline.

It is not in the photo.

BTW I have seen the "photo" of the JungleJims one, how do you anticipate the tube to stay in place?

I think the Lesco ones are Green Touch, and rather pricey. Mine was $90

I did see in person also, but forgot what it looked like.
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I have the trimmertrap blower rack and LGF is right. Its a pita to get the blower in and out of the rack. Also, you can secure the blower tube by screwing a 3" diameter pvc coupler to your trailer and just sliding the tube in it. The PICTURE on their website doesn't show you that. You must read the directions that come with the product when you PURCHASE one.
    Scagmark, why don't you stick to giving advice on the equipment you actually own. Why would you want to give incorrect advice. When someone asks a question, they are not looking for an interpretation or opinion from someone who has never OWNED/USED that product.

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I suppose that if you SAW something, whether on the internet or not, the opinion is worth something...

Actually, I have seen the Trimmer Trap version in real life. I kind of like how the top clamp works like a carabiner and only works one way. The one I saw/sort of "tried out" had the bungy cord, but didn't seem to hold the tube?

What about Gridiron? They make some nice rack systems, don't know how much they are. www.novaecorp.com

I'm not going to post anymore for I might change the subject and I don't want to do that.
  10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I can look at pictures of equipment in catalogs or the net all day long. But, if I have not used or tried it out, there is no way I can give accurate advice about that product.