1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blower Rack?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Barry, Dec 15, 2000.

1. Barry

Barry LawnSite Member

I am trying to outfit my trailer with Trimmer Racks and a Blower rack, has anybody used theses or made there own. I am particularly concerned about how I can fit a Blower on one and keep it there without it flying off?
  2. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

Barry, I have a trimmer trap handheld and backpack blower rack. They both work great and once they are in place they can't come off. You might check out Jungle Jims blower racks also. I have a single trimmer rack I put my edger in and it works great. Good Luck!

A CUT ABOVE LawnSite Member

Barry, I have 2 trimmer trap backpack blower racks as well as a back pack sprayer rack, and two racks that hold three trimmers or stick egders. They work great. I have also heard a lot of good from guys in town that have jungle jims racks.
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I use a blower rack from Green Touch Industries. It holds 2 backpack blowers and is lockable. I also have a Green Touch trimmer rack that holds 2 trimmers.
  5. Mike Felices

Mike Felices Banned
    from Georgia

Check with http://www.novaecorp.com they make the Pro-Slide. But they also also make a rack system called the GridIron. It is a make your own rack system that looks like it is awesome. I called the 800 number and got a video. I have a TrimmerTrap rack and a TrimmerTrap blower rack, and they work great. After seeing the video I want to sell them and buy the GridIron system. The site may be under construction.
  6. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

7. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Mike, there's gotta be more to that link for novaecorp.com -- check it out.
  8. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this a enclosed or open trailer set up? I have a enclose trailer set-up that use "I" track (like what is in big 18 wheelers to hold the cargo bars in) and a system of hooks that snap into the track. It works great, and is completely flexible, as everything can be moved around as needed.

9. Barry

Barry LawnSite Member

Hi, and Thanks for the response's.
    This is for an open trailer I use to have a Box Rack that I would just set everything in that worked great for a couple of years but this last summer my Trailer was stolen and now I am trying to set up a New one. I am using a 6' by 10'.
    I have looked at the trimmer Racks and have already devised a way to build my own but what I am trying to grasp is how I can mount a Backpack Blower (BR 400).
    I am also looking for websites for mowing equipment and it just does not seem to be Many resources on the web for Lawncare.I am real glad I found this site I believe it will be an asset for so many.
  10. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Trimmer trap makes a rack for your BR400. It was well worth the $40 buck. I would not waste your time building one. $40 spread out over the life of the rack (5 years?).
    Buy it and bolt it on.