Blower: Redmax 7001 or Echo 750?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ElephantNest, Jul 31, 2003.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Ok, I know this has been hashed out before. Was hoping to get feedback from actual users of these two models, as I'm fairly sure these are the two top of the line models, and I want the best. The 7001 is about $60.00 cheaper than the 750, and I've heard great things about this unit. On the other hand, I have two Echo BP Blowers now, and am very satisfied with both, just ready to replace 2 of my 3 with a brand new one, and like I said, I want the best of the best. Please advise, and thanks.

~Nest

2. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

Red Max 7001---hands down!!!

3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Redmax

Been runnin a 7000. Not the 7001, they came out this year. The 7000, been runnin every work day for 3 years. Never even changed the spark plug.

4. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

The Neverending Debate.

My Dealer sell Both.

We did tests in his Parking Lot & I Own a 750 & briefly a 7001.

The Echo Wins for Raw power but not by Much.

5. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Which color do you like best??? :)

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

The "ultimate" is only on top until someone makes a better one. I own a 750 and love it. I can't comment on the Redmax but a lot of people also seem to love it. My point is, your decision cold boil down to dealer support. It's more important than most people think.

7. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

Shindiawa. I like it better than both. I have always used the most powerful blowers I can find .I ran Vandermollen for 20yrs. but the quality went down and the price went up to $775. The new shins are the only blower I.ve used that comes close to a Vandermollen Windmill. The new Echos are about the same power as an shin , soit's a toss up on which one you like . Can't comment on Redmax
    cause there aren't any dealers around.
    Steve

8. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Shindiawa and Redmax are basically the same blower. They have the same motor on both. I own both shindiawa and redmax. I like the redmax better because it has a better air filter and has screen so the leaves don't clog the intake like on a shindiawa.

9. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Ok, gents. I really appreciate all the replies. Found the Redmax for $479.00, guess I'll pick it up today.

I've always been a Shindaiwa fan, have the T270, and just got the new 261 Stick edger, BUT, the thing bogs down, and hesitates when I pull the trigger. When I really need the power, it's not there. VERY unlike Shindaiwa, I'm wondering if I got a dud, or maybe after a tank or two of fuel maybe it will clear up? I'ts supposed to be the best, most powerful stick, but, alas, I don't see it. Any suggestions?

And, again, thanks for all the feedback on the blowers.

~Nest

10. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

You probably have the exhaust screen plugged with carbon. Remove screen from muffler and clean.