Blower ripped off last night!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by desert rose gardening, Nov 17, 2006.

1. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I have been talking about getting a new blower lately now I have no choice, I got a call last night from a neighbors saying the dogs where barking and they saw someone trotting away from my truck with a backpack on. I looked and everything seemed OK. Then with the day light I see my blower is missing! The only tool that is not locked. So the backpack the thief was wearing was my blower. The funny thing is about that blower is its the biggest peace of crap I have ever used! It has a Kawasaki engine the only thing on it I can recognize, no brand name or model number anywhere on it a weighs a ton, has no power, yesterday it developed a leak in the gas tank. I bought it about a year and a half ago from some tree trimmers at a job for $60.00 The only reason I used it was my good Green Machine blower died of old age and I just got used to this heavy piece of crap. I know that Kawasaki are good engines its the only good thing on it. So I'm really not going to miss it. Redmax 8000 here I come!

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Id have conflicting emotions too. It sucks to know someone got away with your stuff (crap or not), but then again...it sure is a damn good feeling buying a new piece of equipment!! Now go get that Redmax...and a BIG PADLOCK! lol

3. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hate to hear that you got ripped. On the other hand, gives you a reason to get a better one. At least you did not pay but $60 for the one that got ripped. My blowers are $500. I would have been ticked.

4. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

Although it sucks at least you got 1 1/2 years out of it and for only $60 bucks and the positive thing is now you get your new redmaxx

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

It sucks that it did get stolen, but you got your moneies worth out of it after running with it for a year and a half. Have fun with the new redmax!

6. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I was just thinking that maybe the SOB that took it will use it and that leak you talked about in the gas tank will spill enough gas out and ignite the thing on his back....LMAO:blob2:

7. Beau Rivage

Beau Rivage LawnSite Member

That bites...but the first few times you use the Red Max I'm sure you'll probably be thanking him.:laugh: Everyone seems to love them.

8. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

and then sue you for haveing a fualty blower that he stole :laugh:

9. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

You mean 8001!

That bites though about the thievin bastages.
    Find him, shove the tube down his throat and fire it up!
    He'll fart forever.

Of course the new,expensive blower will be indoors or locked -I hope.

10. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

With no receipt or cancelled check... what's the proof of who it came from? But it'll probably end up in a pawn shop and be sold to somebody who has no clue about it anyway.