Blower search

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ChadsLawn, Sep 27, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Rather it be a Home Depot, Lowes or Commercial. What should I look for in a blower. either the CFM or the MPH or both?
    Right now I have a Polan hand held and it says it blows 200MPH. But I have to spend alot more time cleaning my edging as compared to my eb630 that got stolen.

2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Home Depot has backpack Echo blowers, Thats what I use, I believe its a 413?
    I've had it 2 seasons with no problems.

3. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Or mybe its a 403? not sure!

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

CFM is the biggie

Air can come out of a straw at way over 200MPH and yet it will not move many leaves. CFM is the thing you need

5. VMcNeill

VMcNeill LawnSite Member

What do you guys think. can someone get away from getting a hand held blower at least for spring and summer?

6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My little polan blower says 400CFM.. I dont think is much.

7. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

We carried one on every truck. For the smaller jobs they are great. for under the truck or parked cars it is much eiser to blow than a BP. I also feel it is quicker to get started and using. but for large lots, leaves. or wet. Back pac all the way

8. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i have a sthil handheld, nice warenty and not much more then you spend for the junk poulin.... and yes i had 4 of them in a year, i kept taking it back after it would die.... but that gets old...

nice and light and cool in the heat of the summer just blowing off walkways and such...

9. newtex

newtex LawnSite Member

I thought about buying the HD Echo also... I decided to go with the Robin backpack blower, because it was only $400 out the door. The HD was over $300 out the door. I got to use my friend's Echo for a day when I worked with him and I am glad I went with the Robin.

10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I'v had my RedMax ebz4800 Backpack blower for 3 years and it has only been to the shop once to get a new spark plug and foam filter. Lots of power and very quiet. I'm getting another RedMax blower this fall.