Blower Stolen from Lowes parking lot.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by o-so-n-so, May 16, 2006.

1. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Dang.......I hate it when this happens. Went in Lowes to get some stuff....was in for about 30 min and yep.................someone lifted my 4 year old BR420 blower. That and my mini tiller was the only piece of equipment on my trailer because we were doing a seasonal color job. I have another newer 420 blower so I wont be without.

What is the cost of a 600 blower? Does it use the same rack as the older 420 blowers.

thanks ................later
  2. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Dunno about the rack (but would like to know also).
    You can pickup a BR600 for around $480.

Thieves suck :hammerhead:
  3. crash935

crash935 LawnSite Member

Dont feel bad, had a brand new string trimmer (hadnt even used it yet) lifted off the back of a truck while working at a large mall last week. 7 guys on the job and a constant flow of traffic past the trucks and "poof" trimmer is gone.
  4. Tim Johnson

Tim Johnson LawnSite Member

Had a cell phone walk away toay, I love thieves.
  5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I had a few pieces stolen from me. I since lock everything each and every time I use it. It may be a hassle, but it is better than throwing hard earned money at the lazy bums and crack heads. Sorry for your loss. File a report. I have never had anything returned to me, but a friend of mine had some stuff stolen and the police had it back to him in 3 mos.
  6. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Someone stole an empty gas can out the back of my truck. I was getting money out of the atm to pay for some aluminum welding on my mower (they don't do plastic). It was the only thing in the back I thought I would fill it up. Damn sniffers.
  7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Locking really is a hassle.

I bought this 15 foot cord I wrap through all the handles but I keep dropping money when I search for the damn key, lol. Now I have bought a belt clip thing with a round ... um.... chain sucker upper (I don't know what its called:hammerhead: ) it makes things a little more convinient.
  8. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Lowes might have security cameras in the parking lot. Maybe have the police check the tapes?
  9. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

We lock everything all the time. Trimmer racks are locked and locking cables run through everything of value. If it's not in use, it's locked.
  10. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Teaches you not to shop at LOWES now doesn't it!:laugh:
    I just joking that must s@ck.