Blower Stolen/Truck wrecked.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tsh1773, Aug 16, 2004.

1. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

Well Friday the 13th took its toll on me. Within a couple hour's time I has my Echo backpack blower stolen off the ramp of my trailer and Crashed my truck into the back of the a Jeep Liberty on the Interstate.

I was traveling around 60 mph and everyone started slamming on brakes and with all the weight of my trailer and equipment I could not stop in time on a newly paved road. Didnt damage the Jeep due to it having a spare tire that absorbed the hit. I busted the grill, headlight mount and bent the hood all up on my truck.

I was charged with "driving too fast for conditions". :angry:
  2. Lawnboy112

Lawnboy112 LawnSite Member

Gee, thats gotta suck.
  3. Birddog Lawncare

Birddog Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I was working in my own yard on Saturday, went in to grab a bite and fell asleep on the couch. Come back out a couple of hours later and soomeone stole my BP blower out of my driveway.
  4. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

abs whould have helped elect brakeNEW truck dude
  5. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats obvious. New truck - $30,000 New blower $300. Hmm.
  6. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I hate days like that.
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

post some pics of the damage if you can. Not to brag, but the 13th was my best day last week
  8. hardtail70

hardtail70 LawnSite Member

I just had my 2 week old br420 and a fs80r stolen off my trailer sunday. The neighbor watched the guy take it and never called the cops I hope I can return the favor to her some day, she better never ask me to cut her lawn.
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

welcome to the site hardtail
  10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

tsh, i feel your pain. i totalled a G35 infiniti last week, my new trailer has electric brakes. i strongly suggest adding it to your trailer if you don't got it already.