1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blower Tubes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lenlak, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Lenlak

Lenlak LawnSite Member

Hello People, I've got a few Back Pack Blowers a Husqvarna 145bt a Tanaka 7600 & a little craftsman 30cc. Is there a after market supplier that has different nozzles for these machines. I jammed on & duct taped a old Homelite fan shaped nozzle I had kicking around to the Tanaka & it made a big difference. The extra length (about 20") allows me to sweep back & forth to cover more area & I don't need any effort to control the tube.( it's got enough power that I have to fight with it a little bit when blowing snow if I don't have the extension on ) I see Husqvarna has a Nozzle they call a Jet & I'm going to try that as well but I would like to get something that will fit the Tanaka properly just because of the extra power it has. I was told the fan nozzle off the Tanaka 4600's & older won't fit the 7600 or 7800's ??? I also wold like some extensions or ?? so I can blow gutters / eave-troughs out. The Husqvarna tubes are about 2.5 " & the Tanaka is 3". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps I've been reading this forum for about a year & enjoy the view's & expertise I've seen. I finally just joined THANKS lenlak

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

im unsure about the different tubes, but know that stihl has a "gutter kit" for their hand helds and the diameter is around 2 1/2" so maybe check into that!
  3. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

lenlak..I have a tube from a husqvarna handheld that has a fanned end. Would that help?
  4. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I asked a similar question sometime ago, about getting a curved, flat tube end for my Echo blowers. These style ends seem (to me)to move the leaves better by getting them up and off the ground. I was told the tubes that came with a particular blower were designed for that blower. Any change might restrict the airflow and over load the blower causing premature failure. Don't know for sure. Just what I was told.
  5. Lenlak

Lenlak LawnSite Member

Thanks I check into it Maybe it will work or I can MOD it
  6. Lenlak

Lenlak LawnSite Member

Thanks Scagman52 I would like to check it out. Do you know what the tube Diameter is ? I'll check my husky also. I'm just going out to blow some snow right now & then to Church. I'll check back later. Thanks
  7. Lenlak

Lenlak LawnSite Member

A little more info !!!!! The Tanaka has a Tube OD of 2 7/8" on the male to the nozzle & on the Husqvarna it's 2 7/16" . The Husky Tube will fit on to the Craftsman but it a hair loose. It should work OK though. Any ideas about a Curved Fan Nozzle to fit the Tanaka would be great . Thanks
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Check with Kawasaki and Maruyama on tube accessories for the Tanaka.

They are all the same blower... and one brand name may have the nozzle tip accessory you seek.
    It's worth a shot.
  9. Lenlak

Lenlak LawnSite Member

Hello Scagman52 will you email me @ info@glbcontracting.com so I can get more info about that Fan shaped nozzle ? Thanks - Len
  10. Lenlak

Lenlak LawnSite Member

I was @ a Dealer today to buy a Fan Nozzle I had on order for my
    Husky 145BT PN 531004484 $ 49.00 OUCH !! ( Husqvarna Blower Parts are NUTS !! in Canada @ least) it helped the Blower . I took my Tanaka 7600 Tube with me to see if I could get something to fit it ?? A Stihl PN 4227 708 6300 fits the Tanaka pretty nice & was a lot more reasonable @ $21.00 . A Nozzle off a Homelite HB390v also fits, pushed over the end of the existing short Tanaka Nozzle ( that's what I have been using up to now ) I know they sure make a HUGH Difference for Snow. The Tanaka was pretty useless until I added the Fan Nozzle, Now it's a KILLER !! I hope some of this info will be helpful, I sure appreciate the input I received THANKS - Len