Blower/Vacs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by proscape, Jun 1, 2001.

1. proscape

proscape LawnSite Member

What do you guys use to clean up shrub clippings in landscape rocks? I was thinking about getting a Stihl blower/vac. Let me know what you think.

2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

proscape we just did a shrub job tonight, i think it was 20 shrubs. we took a 10x 10 tarp and cut into 2 long sections of 10x3 and 2 small ones of 5x4 and layed it down between the shrubs, it caught all the clippings so we didn't have to worry about cleaning up after wards.

with a vac you have the chance of sucking up rocks, or if you blow them out the chance of blowing rocks into the lawn.

3. casey

casey Guest

I've got the Echo ES2400 for that exact purpose. Good machine and commercial duty. Just don't expect to vac a fall clean-up with it.
    Play with the throttle and you won't vac any rocks.

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the echo model and it works pretty good at cleaning clippings,but it will suck the bark mulch,small rocks,etc. and clog the impeller,and a rock came up the chute and put a hole in the one side of unit. I replaced the side and it works good.

5. proscape

proscape LawnSite Member

Thanks Guys, I'm a new member and really appreciate the help. Joshua, I did a very similar job tonight and was curious what you charged. I'm just getting started in the biz but I've been doing it for years for myself.

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i use the poulan pro hand held. has 200 mph velocity.
    only problem the blades are made of nylon and tend to suffer
    when the ---- hits the fan.

7. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Try the echo unit it will do most jobs, you just have to know the limits you can push the machine to.