blower / vacume

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dix, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Dix

Dix LawnSite Member

It would be grate if you could take a parking lot blower like the Little Wonder and add a vacume snoot to it's front. Then take a vacume hose and run it from the blower shoot to a collection bag. This would make a great doubble duty blower/ vacume. Remove the vacume snoot and attach a hose to vacume leaves from planting beds.
    Does anyone know of a 3 in 1 unit like this? I can't see purchasing individual pices of equipment if I can get one that will do it all!

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

sortta like this,

[​IMG]

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Little Wonder,

little.jpg

4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Where is that pic from...looks that was dug up from some old archives. Has anyone ever used a set up like that?
    I think i'd rather throw those in a barrel by hand if that was my only option...

:blob3:

5. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Little wonder also offered a dishcarge hose that could shute the leaves into a truck. They do not offer the vac feature on the blowers anymore

6. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I mentioned the same idea to a dealer a few months ago and he said there was such an animal. But, said they don't make them anymore (at least for the push type). Anyone know if they still make them? If not, maybe there's a market for someone to go after.

7. Dix

Dix LawnSite Member

So, I can get an attachment hose but not the vacume attachment. Used a push lawn vacume many yrs. ago & loved it! Seems to me their are many times when the vacume would be superior. Hate it when I blow the leaves one way, only to have the wind get up and blow them back! If they could be vacumed up ( espically in a parking lot) the wind couldn't undo my work. A billy goat will vacume, but will any of them blow as well? Any other ideas?

Thanks, Dix

8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

It has been years since I've used a combination blower/vac, but I found that they weren't very good. A vacuum needs to have a heavy duty impellor (fan), and heavy gauge steel for the housing. A blower you want to be lightweight, so that you can actually use it, so the impellor and housing is not suitable for vacuuming. I always thought the combination units were too heavy to be practible for blowing, and not heavy enough for vacuuming.

9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

the new little wonders won't vacuum, I crafted a suction tube to my 8 horse " super high output" blower and it wont shred/suck leaves. the older ones will. I have seen a website where they make vacuums for lawnmower rigs, like peco's aluminum setup, where the vacuum unit for the mower could run a hose to vacuum leaves out of beds, and they sold a rolling version of that same rig for blowing, but I don't think they sold just the cart to put it on. great idea. Daveg