1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blower/weedeater all in one???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by forgop, Mar 1, 2003.

1. forgop

forgop LawnSite Member

I'm going to start up a small residential business for the summer and was going to be in the market for a blower and a weedeater. Knowing how many products are nowadays, I thought there's a chance that someone makes an "all in one" type of package. What should I consider for such a combination?
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

There are split boom trimmers that have a blower attachment. But, I wouldn't reccomend it because if your power head is broken you have no backup. If you are just starting out and are looking @ small lots; then a good handheld blower (stihl) would be a good one. I also have to say get all commercial equip NEVER buy homeowner. I USE to buy that homeowner **** but, I found out it's just cheaper to buy the good stuff in the beginning and not have to replace it. If you have a lot of startimg out money then just buy a backpack blower it will be worth it.

Hope this helps, :) :)

3. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Definately try for a good backpack blower, I hear Redmax is really awesome. Never have tried one though.