Blower

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by blaze347, May 7, 2006.

1. blaze347

blaze347 LawnSite Member

What do you think is the best blower for under $200. It will be used once or twice a week. I'm looking for something that will last awhile and not die every 2 minutes.

Speaking of the dying issue, any thoughts on why a blower would die at 3/4 to full throttle every minute or so? I've changed gas, spark plug, air filter...still no luck. I always let it idle down about a minute and turn off at 1/4 throttle. The blower is about 8 years old..is that time frame normal or do you think I should get more use from it? Help on either question would be appreciated.

2. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

Under $200.00... I'm looking in the same price range and I think I'm down to a redmax (Love my 4401 backpack blower) or a stihl.

I don't have an answer for you on you 8yr old unit. Sounds as though it could be a number of things: carburation, fuel, or the exhaust might just need to be cleaned out. Do you run it dry at the end of the season and start with fresh fuel in the spring?

8yrs sounds like a pretty good run though.

3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I am yoldBIG LOTS has the Poulan Pro BP400 for $99. I 'think' that is the #. NOT reconditioned and has 2 year warranty. Don't know how good they are but was told they used to sell for $248.

4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

stihl bg85. $200. will last you a lifetime. one of mine is 5 years old, ran over by a school bus, still runs and has lots of power. any stihl handheld blower is good. $140-$200. you'll be glad you got a stihl.