1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

blower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by stslawncare, Oct 21, 2001.

1. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey guys,
    Yesterday i went to blow at a customers house and i pull on the cord and it fights me very hard and i pulled harder and kept pulling and i pullet it all the way and it wont start nor will the cord go back in, its just hanging out. what should i do its a craftsman handheld.

2. Scott, throw it out and buy a real blower.

3. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

the recoil starter spring is most likely broken. if you want to fix it, check the recoil starter assembly.

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

sheared flywheel key

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

how do i go about doing that, i would throw it out but the next blower i get will be a good backpack one and i dont have enough money for that. i have to make through with this for a while.

6. XOFMOT

XOFMOT LawnSite Member

Sounds like the KERNUCKULATOR fell off of the SPINAROUNDER so My suggestion is the same as LB82 (first time for everyone I guess), invest in a commercial unit. GOOD LUCK!

7. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

the first thing you do is take off the recoil starter assembly. if it is a sheared flywheel key, then take the flywheel off. it may be hard to take off. if im wrong on anything, some one please correct me!
    (im not very good with 2 strokes)

8. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

If you take it to be repaired you'll spend 40 to 60$ for service. If it needs parts you'll be out of the blower for a week or so. If you don't have the cash for a commercial unit then buy what you can afford. Take the money for your repair and go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy the $60 weed eater blower. This will get you by until you can save for a commercial unit.

9. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

If the blower is under 2 years old, you should be able to take it to the sears service center and they'll fix it (in about a year!). They're service is crap, but the muffler on mine kept coming loose...they had to order a new cyliner. It would have ended up costing $190 with all the labor but was under warranty. I bought it for $110 thought!! I finally got it back 2 weeks later, luckily I have 2 others.

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have an extra handheld Singer/Ryobi blower/vac that I can loan you.

Got tired of being slow so it sits in the attic.

Save the pennies for a backpack, you can't even compare them. Good Luck