Blower

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by J Dawg, May 26, 2012.

1. J Dawg

J Dawg LawnSite Member

Hello everyone! i am looking at buying a new backpack blower in the next month or so :cool2: , and I cannot make up my mind. :hammerhead: I'm debating between either redmax or stihl. My dealer sells both. here are the models I'm debating between:
    stihl br 430
    stihl br 550
    redmax ebz 6500 rh
    red max ebz 7500 rh

I already have a stihl trimmer and like them, but their blowers seem a little weak. However, when i see a redmax they look very dirty and have a lot of buildup on them. Is this a problem with redmax itself, or just the user? any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks! :)

2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Don't waste your money on anything other than a Stihl or Husqvarna, either the 600 magnum or the top of the line husky, anything thing else is a waste of money.

3. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

4. cpllawncare

Actually redmax and husky's are the same thing

5. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

They have merged like Shindaiwa and Echo, but I looked at both side by side and there are a couple things different, and I decided on the Redmax even though it was a few more $$, personal preference for me...

6. whosedog

whosedog LawnSite Senior Member

I second that! The redmaxes are dirty cause they're doing their job.I can move rocks with mine.

7. cpllawncare

Maybe a lil different cosmetically but performance wise they are the same

8. J Dawg

J Dawg LawnSite Member

Thanks for the responses everyone! I was leaning towards the redmax ebz 7500 rh a little bit already and so it is good to know that all the buildup around the muffler and carb is just from user neglect (I know it sounds weird, but i even like my lawn stuff to look nice :laugh: ) I have one thing that is husqvarna and it works well now, but when i bought it, it came with a bad carburetor :dizzy: So after that i'm a little leery of the husqvarna line even tho the redmax and husqvarna are owned by the same people.

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Husqvarna 580 which is the Redmax 8500 with the addition of a padded waist belt and chest strap. The thing is amazing...anything else seems like a toy to me now. I bought it thinking I would only use it for cleanups, but it's saving me a lot of time on my mowing route. With an extra extension tube on it I can blow clippings off hard surfaces from 30 feet away.

10. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

Get the 600 magnum! It is not worth saving $50 on the 550