1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by J Dawg, May 26, 2012.

1. crichardson

crichardson LawnSite Member

600 mag. i got it, its a beast....
  2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Not saying that the 600 Magnum isn't a good blower, but the Husqvarna 580/Redmax 8500 blows it away and every other blower that I'm aware of. I've run my 580 side-by-side against the 600M and the Echo 770 and it blows the doors off both of them. It is a big, heavy blower for sure...it's freakin huge....but if you want pure brute power I'd recommend it. With the padded hip belt and chest strap it's actually pretty comfy. If you're a little guy it's probably not the unit for you and the curved high velocity nozzle is unuseable at any significant throttle...you can't hold the tube with one hand, and adding the optional handle to make it a 2 hander isn't something many people would want to do.
  3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

The redmax,is only about 3,lbs more and 1mph more, not sure about air volume (cfm). I don't see how you could go wrong with any of the big boys in the blower game, just get the biggest avalible.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

5. J Dawg

J Dawg LawnSite Member

I will admit, that is pretty cool!

I've heard and seen that the stihl br 600's engines are prone to locking up. has that been anyone's experience or did stihl correct this problem?

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Get a shindaiwa 802. Thank me after you use it. Thank me again in five years when you still use it. I'm done......carry on men......and boys!