1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

blower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mr. k, Jul 22, 2003.

1. mr. k

mr. k LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I am planning on doing some leaf removal in the upcoming fall. I have been looking at some backpack blowers and I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction. Also when I look at these, what is the main thing I should be looking for (air velocity output, etc...). I also don't want to go that cheap, I want something that is not going to give me a headache every other week, or be undrpowered. I have been looking primarily at stihl and echo blowers. Any advice would be great Thanks in advance.

Rich

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Echo 650, or 750. Or redmax.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I bought an Echo PB-750T (t = tube mounted throttle) this spring. It's my first _commercial_ blower, so it obviously out blows everything i've used before. I opt'ed for the 750 over the 650 because it has a bigger air cleaner that, and has extra padded strap's compared to the 650.

The 650 is the same other than those two features, but for $20 more i thought it was a great upgrade.

I payed $487 out the door for a floor model that had never been started. while it is expensive, i think it will definitely help me get the jobs done much faster this fall.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What Elephantnest Said

5. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

go with the shindaiwa eb630 youll never regret it

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

if you are just starting out and want something cheap why not try a cub cadet

7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Redmax 7001

It's like having a 5hp push blower on your back. Though the Redmax is not heavy and is comfortable, can wear it all day long and not know it. And rather quiet

That is all we use and my men are very happy. We through all our echo's in the trash, those that worked and those that needed repairs. All went in the dumpster.

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Ditto!!

9. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

I have a Red Max 7001 I use on a daily basis. I paid $499.00 last year. It is the best backpack blower in the industry. Everyone uses one around here. Buy one and you'll never regret it.

10. capescaper

capescaper LawnSite Member

john deere 195mph